Sider

fredag den 20. november 2015

Wintry Cards with Summery Newport Collection by Cathi



I have had these sweet wintry images printed out and waiting on my desk for ages and I thought the colors were just right to use with the gorgeous Compass paper in the Newport collection. I hope you enjoy my wintry cards!!


My first card uses the warm wooden plank design of the paper, I thought it worked perfectly with the trees in the background of this image. There is pink, blue and green in the image so I used some lovely pink and green flowers from my stash and some pink ink to edge the paper and the image. I used a doily from my stash to matte the image and I finished off the card with a twine bow.


My second card feature a vintage girl all dressed up for snow and uses blues, yellows and greens. I used the blue and green side of the beautiful paper and another doily from my stash to matte this photo. Again I added some blue and green flowers from my stash, as well as a gorgeous velvety leaf and another twine bow. I used some green ink to tone in with the image on the edge of the paper.


For my final card I used another cute vintage image of some wintry kids! I used the same paper for the base of my card, adding some blue and green flowers from my stash. Again I kept the same elements of  the doily and twine bows to keep the theme going.

Newport Cover all Lille

I hope that you enjoy my cards and see that you can use a gorgeous beachy summery collection like Newport for wintertime too!!

Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Soooo beautiful cards here. I also just love the soft colors in this collection, and the pics are just perfect for these too, andf the final result is amazing and very beautiful. Well done Cathi.
    Have a great and calm week-end ahead here now everyone.

    SvarSlet
  2. Gorgeous cards! Love the colours of the papers. Beatuiful!

    SvarSlet